Commonly Asked Questions
What are the Three basic Gun Handling rules?
1. Always point the barrel of the gun in a safe direction.If the gun is discharged,
nobody gets hurt.The best direction to point a gun is generally at the
ground or floor.What is a safe direction may change depending on your
location and environment.
2. Always keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire.Avoid
placing the index finger inside the trigger guard unless ready to fire.
3. Always keep the action open and the gun unloaded until you are ready to
use it.The action is the moving parts of the gun that allows loading,unloading
firing,and extraction of the empty case or shell.If you are not ready to use
it,keep the action open and unloaded.
What are the Two Primary Causes of Accidental Discharge of Firearm?
1. Lack of knowledge - Be aware of the basic and general gun safety handling
2. Carelessness - Having knowledge of the basic and general gun safety
handling rules but refuses or ignores them.
What are the Three Major Parts of a Firearm?
1. Frame or stock - The frame is the basic structure of the gun to which the
other major parts are attached.The stock is for rifles and shotguns.Handguns
do not have a stock but rather what is called a grip.
2. Barrel - the barrel is the long hollow tube through which the bullet travels on
its way to the target.
3. Action - the action of the gun consists of all the moving parts that facilitate
the loading,firing,discharging of the empty case and unloading of the gun.