Forensic Ballistics Review Questions 2
1. The mechanism or system of a hand gun that covers
manipulating,loading,firing and extracting rounds.
2. The way the bullet actually flies through the air, including the
overall mass,air drag, drop, and wind drift.
A. Internal Ballistics
B. Terminal Ballistics
C. Impact Ballistics
3. The metal tube on the end of the gun that the bullet is propelled
4. A round that contains the gunpowder but no bullet.
5. A specific type of black/blue finish that is applied to the metal
parts of handguns.
6. The empty casing of a round, which is usually made out of brass.
7. Refers to a specific size of round, usually labelled using the
diameter of the bullet.
8. Describes the single entire projectile package that gets loaded
into the gun.
9. The empty shell of a round.
10. A cartridge with its primer located in the center of the base of
A. Firing pin
B. Firing pin block
Answer: Forensic Ballistics
8. C or D - both are the same for purposes of board examination.
9. B and C are both correct for purposes of board examination.