Forensic Ballistics Review Questions 12
1. A Firearm having rifling in the bore and designed to be fired from
D. Machine gun
2. The Spiral Grooves cut or swaged inside a gun barrel that gives
the bullet a spinning motion.
3. The Cartridge has the primer distributed around the periphery
of the base.
4. A Military Term for a cartridge.
5. A Mechanism or Device on an action to prevent firing of the gun
and may be manually operated or is a design feature intended
to automatically prevent inadvertent firings.
D. Hammer Block
6. A Shoulder fired long gun with a smoothbore design to fire
shotshells containing numerous pellets or sometimes a single
C. Machine gun
7. A Cartridge containing projectiles designed to be fired in a
8. The Device on top of a barrel that allow the gun to be aimed.
9. A Device that fits over the muzzle of the barrel to muffle the
sound of a gunshot.
10. The Hammer must be manually cocked before the trigger can
be pulled to fire the gun.
1. The metal between the grooves is called a land. The Spiral
can have either a left or right twist.
2. A Shotshell body is generally made of plastic with a metal base
but may be made of paper or metal.